Wednesday, March 26, 2008

SICK DAYS ARE NO FUN


I went to school Tuesday while sick (because the district will dock your pay if you miss a day following a holiday, unless you have a doctor's excuse--I think). The students informed me that I should not have come to school to spread my germs everywhere and insisted that I needed to go home and focus on getting well. In fact, one student told me that she was going to tell the administrators that I needed to go home because I might have T.B.! (I do NOT have T.B.) They told me that I should take yesterday and today off, and I decided that their suggestion wasn't a bad idea.


I must say though, taking a sick day when you're actually sick is no fun at all. I spent most of yesterday coughing and sleeping and wondering if my students were terrorizing the substitute. I learned from one of the teachers that my students, who have been complaining that I need to occasionally miss a day, actually complained that I picked a bad day to miss because so many of the students were pulled from class for one reason or another. Well, excuse me for being sick on a day that was not convenient to my spoiled students.

At six o'clock this morning, with me still coughing and my voice still too weak to actually teach, I decided that I would rest another day. Hopefully I'll feel well enough to go to work tomorrow. Hopefully my voice will have returned. And hopefully the next time I take a sick day it'll be of the "mental health" variety - you know, those days where I am physically well and actually able to somewhat enjoy the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home